Help us bring joy.
How we got started
In 2002, Wendy Kirbey, our carousel founder, had a dream to bring a carousel to our city. She attended a Downtown revitalization meeting and someone mentioned that our downtown needed an anchor, a destination. Wendy thought “why not a carousel?” Carousels have always been special to Wendy. They are a place were people of all ages and abilities can check their cares at the door and, for a few minutes, find some joy.
People throughout our community came together, raised funds, donated skills and resources, and gave their time to build the carousel.
Fast forward 15 years and on August 15, 2017, our world-class tourist destination, community hub, and downtown anchor opened its doors.
We have become a place where:
- Families put down their phones and laugh together
- Schools and daycares come for fun field trips
- Grandparents make memories with grandkids
- Albany celebrates baby showers, weddings, birthday parties, and milestones
- Visitors come from all over to tour our museum. We have had visitors from over 30 countries and all 50 states
You can support the carousel in several ways:
- Donate through our safe and secure donation platform set up through Paypal
- Donations can be mailed directly to the carousel: 503 1st Ave W Albany, OR 97321
- Donations can be made in person 7 days a week 11am-4pm at the carousel.
Interested in donating stock, in-kind donations, corporate giving, or planned giving?
Contact our executive director via email [email protected] or by phone 541.497.2934
Our Brick Garden
Leave your mark for generations to come.
Purchase a brick with your unique message for our brick garden.
Bricks make great gifts!
- Honor someone’s retirement
- Memorialize a loved one’s life
- Celebrate weddings and birthdays
- Promote your business in our community
Leave your mark in our Brick Garden.